We are gutted to announce that The London to Brighton Electric Vehicle Rally, scheduled to take place this coming Sunday 18 July, may have to be postponed due to the large rise in Covid cases in Brighton & Hove. We have been liaising with Sussex Police, Brighton & Hove City Council and key stakeholders this afternoon and through the evening to find a way forward, and we will confirm our position tomorrow as soon as we have concluded these conversations.
We are keen to keep our community up to date with the situation as it unfolds in order to give you an idea of the potential risk to the event at the earliest possible opportunity. We are very conscious that, like us, many people will already have made arrangements for travel and accommodation, and incurred costs, and we are keen to let people know the risks so that people can put plans on hold until we know for sure one way or the other. We have meetings and calls scheduled for the morning and will be in a position to make an announcement by 1pm at the latest.
We are so completely upset that we are even having to consider this. Months and months of work has gone into it, and we have been getting more and more excited by it as the date has approached. We know everyone involved has been getting excited too, and many many people have already done so much to get ready for the event. We are very sorry.
We will update this message as soon as we know more. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Tom, Bill, Jo and Olivia